Re: [Electronics_101] Re: High-Speed vs. Low(er) Speed - same draw?

  • John Popelish
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 27, 2013
      On 01/27/2013 08:28 PM, Donald H Locker wrote:
      > John Popelish's response is most comprehensive. Power
      > consumption is affected by a number of factors, including
      > power required by the fluid moved but also by the chain
      > of efficiencies leading to that moving fluid. All effects
      > must be considered.

      I forgot to include the efficiency of the speed circuit
      feeding the motor. The answer is very different for a big
      resistor in series with the motor or a variable frequency
      drive. Switching motor windings to change the number of
      effective poles), for an AC induction motor, eliminates this
      consideration. Changing pulley sizes does, also.

      --
      Regards,

      John Popelish