International mail rates USA -> China?

  • Dave C
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2013
      I'm looking to purchase some ASIC replacement modules. The warranty is good (90 days) but -- as you'd expect -- I'm responsible for return shipping.

      Shipping from China is, I presume, subsidized by the Chinese postal service, which is why shipping charges are always included ("free!") in the price.

      But shipping from the U.S. to Hong Kong (well, USPS doesn't differentiate -- they have flat rate to all overseas destinations) is US$38, more than half the original price I'll be paying for the items.

      These modules are available domestically -- higher price and no warranty. Hence the attraction to Chinese units available on e-Pain.

      Is there a cheaper rate for getting a 2 pound envelope to China I've not heard about?

      Thanks,