Re: Diesel Glow Plug Timer Diagnosis

  • jimybud
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 1, 2012
      I applied 12 volts to the secondary lead of the solenoid and the glow plugs heat as expected. I have not found anything thus far that seems to indicate there are any issues with the solenoid, glow plugs, key switch or battery or any of the wires and connections to those components.

      Is it your understanding that the timer is works or does not?

      I have a hunch that it is "tired" and therefore does not output 12 volts for a long enough duration.I do not know how to test for this however, nor do I have another timer in which I could compare or even swap with this one.
    • Andrew Mathison (Alice)
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 4, 2012
        Great posts.

        The reason for bulbous or tip breaking appears to be that the wrong glowplug
        was used, something that I and my friends never did!!!!

        I always used the best quality available......

        My previous thoughts was a quality problem, not far from the truth!!!

        Regards

        Andy