Re: [Electronics_101] Re: 120 vs 240

  • jong kung
    Message 1 of 84 , Aug 1, 2012
      > When Edison was a very old man and close to death, he said,
      > in looking
      > back, that the biggest mistake he had made was in not
      > respecting Tesla or
      > his work.[54] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Edison#cite_note-53>

      I personally don't need Edison to admit he was wrong. The whole world knows it. The only thing that admitting does is that Edison wasn't a complete idiot he saw his mistake.

      Sadly Tesla died alone and penniless - he even ripped up a contract with Westinghouse that was worth millions because Westinghouse said he could not pay Tesla for his inventions. Tesla could have renegotiated but instead just ripped up the contract - otherwise Westinghouse could have gone under. Thinking about this now, Tesla could have OWNED Westinghouse.

      Jong
    • Kerry Wentworth
      Message 84 of 84 , Aug 7, 2012
        I was watching an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation once, and
        Geordi was watching his sensor readout and reported "It's putting out
        XXX.XX mega joules per second!" I thought someone was going to say "You
        mean XXX.XX megawatts?", but nobody did.

        Kerry