Re: Using Fiberglass Resin as a Magnetic Encapsulation Material

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 29, 2012
      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Nicoson" <A6intruder@...> wrote:

      > I was going to suggest checking with a local motor rewinding shop. In the
      > past I have bought a couple hundred feet from a local shop. It has the
      > correct insulation coating to wind nicely and survive in your application.
      > They simply sold it to me by the pound based on what they paid.

      Some motor shops have a process for vacuum impregnating they windings with epoxy. When I had motors rewound, I would ask for this service. Extra cost, of course. But the rewound motors lasted a lot longer...

      So, ask a motor shop what they use.

      Richard
    • kabowers@NorthState.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
        On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 06:48:13 -0000, you wrote:

        >--- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Nicoson" <A6intruder@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> I was going to suggest checking with a local motor rewinding shop. In the
        >> past I have bought a couple hundred feet from a local shop. It has the
        >> correct insulation coating to wind nicely and survive in your application.
        >> They simply sold it to me by the pound based on what they paid.
        >>

        >Some motor shops have a process for vacuum impregnating they windings with epoxy. When I had motors rewound, I would ask for this service. Extra cost, of course. But the rewound motors lasted a lot longer...
        >
        >So, ask a motor shop what they use.
        >
        >Richard

        or simply take it to a motor shop and have them do
        the job for you. Probably cheaper and more dependable
        in the long run.

        Keith Bowers WB4LSJ- Thomasville, NC