Re: Solar Circuit Needed

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 19, 2011
      Howard and All,

      Thanks for the suggestions and the link to TouchandGlow website. That's exactly what I needed.

      My system is not UL Approved and only powers my "ham shack". Since it's not UL Approved, the power company is not involved and there is no connection to the grid. Up where I live (2500 ft in Mountain Ranch,
      Ca) we experience at least 3 or 4 major PGE outages of several days each due to snow or wind damage.

      I put the system together on my own and it has been a life saver. I've always been interested in solar and I put up a small 800 watt system when I lived in San Jose. Since moving up here I have expanded it to 2500 watts. It is not cheap (currently $18,000 invested) but it is solely independent of PGE. I have a battery bank of 20 Surrette Rolls S460 wired for 12 vdc. Works fine and I only have to change the angle of the panels twice a year.

      Mark