Hacking audio amplifier

  • DaveC
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2011
      A set of Harman Kardon Soundsticks are obsolete with most modern
      computers. They originally took digital audio via USB output from the
      computer and fed it to a multi-channel audio amplifier chip which
      drove 2 desktop speakers and a sit-on-the-floor subwoofer. USB
      drivers are no longer available.

      I'd like to make these work again by connecting the audio-out jack
      from the computer to the appropriate points on the Soundsticks' PCB.

      The main component on the PCB is the amplifier:

      <http://oi55.tinypic.com/egrdyg.jpg>

      My question is basic: how do I connect to both stereo inputs (inputs
      1 and 2) and at the same time connect to the subwoofer input (inputs
      3 and 4)?

      I presume the answer is a simple resistor network mixing the 2
      signals for input to 3/4?

      And yes, there's filter networks there, too, and it is important to
      know the appropriate "injection" point, which will take some time.

      Thanks,