Re: [Electronics_101] Re: Method of producing a ramp voltage over a period of a day or days with display

  • Howard Hansen
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 3, 2011
      Implementing a repetitive sweep is not difficult. When the total
      count memory location I mentioned in my previous post reaches a preset
      value you could stop counting pulses, send a signal to the plotter to
      lift the pen, reset the total count memory location to zero, feed the
      zero count signal to the plotter to reset the x axis to zero. drop the
      pen and then restart counting pulses. Most likely you will need to add
      a delay between the time when a zero count signal is sent to the plotter
      and when you drop the pen to account for the time it takes for the x
      axis to reset to zero.

      Howard

      On 7/3/2011 3:05 AM, g8voq wrote:

      > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:Electronics_101%40yahoogroups.com>, "g8voq"
      > <hobby_electronics@...> wrote:
      >
      > > It would be good if the ramp voltage (timebase) could me made
      > repetitive, that way in 7 days the X-pot would have travelled 7 times
      > along the X-plot. Would need to have a flyback action. I think the
      > HP-7035B will do 50cm/sec slew speed and possibly a bit better.
      > >

      > Of course, as to flyback, there needs to be blanking. I think the pen
      > can be lowered and raised by electro-mechanical means.

    • g8voq
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 13, 2011
        Just in case anyone is interested, I joined the Arduino Forum, because I think I ought to be using a microprocessor.

        http://arduino.cc/forum/

        See topic entitled "Generating a ramp voltage with a repitition rate of 24 hours or more". Rich