Re: Why is our group echoed elsewhere? WAS - Re: [Electronics_101] help>> cmos ring oscillator

  • Ross McKenzie
    Message 1 of 55 , Jul 1, 2011
      Thanks for your efforts Tony.

      Cheers,

      Ross

      On 30/06/2011 2:03 PM, Tony Mikolaj wrote:
      > http://iphoneapplez.blogspot.com/ no longer exists after several emails to both Google and Yahoo
    • AlienRelics
      Message 55 of 55 , Jul 1, 2011
        > At your request, I am forwarding my response (with your post quoted) to the
        > list.

        Next time, please consider the possibility that I am -not- allowing the post through for a reason. You don't have to forward a post to the list just because someone asks you to.

        I don't wish this to blow up again. The person in question, who is probably the one who had the for-profit blog leaching from here, has two comments pending and I was considering whether to allow them, or reply to them myself privately.

        I think perhaps what some of us find upsetting about this is that it is someone using our content to make money and appears to have no other purpose.

        Yahoogroups does that, but with full disclosure, as do many other online forums and discussion groups.

        Websites such as the archival websites previously mentioned, while using banner ads to make money, have the primary purpose of archiving these things for future. And they normally have valid contact information available.

        In this particular case, the only reason apparent for the existence of the blog was to make money from our content. It was not easily used, had no added content, and had no contact information. Posturing about archiving group messages aside, of course.

        Steve Greenfield AE7HD
        Your friendly neighborhood moderator