audio component shuts off!

  • sadmorcego
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2011
      hi all there!

      well i have a one of those multicomponent that comes with CD,radio,etc.
      it works, but when i turn the volume up almost all the way up, it shuts off, or i believe it goes to protection mode!!
      where does the protection mode go? i believe in the output stage!
      how do i identify it?
      i hope you guys can help me and give some ideas of what's going on here.
      thank you all for reading this!
    • mark hubrich

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1 4:57 AM
          --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "sadmorcego" <sadmorcego@...> wrote:

          > hi all there!
          >
          > well i have a one of those multicomponent that comes with CD,radio,etc.
          > it works, but when i turn the volume up almost all the way up, it shuts off, or i believe it goes to protection mode!!
          > where does the protection mode go? i believe in the output stage!
          > how do i identify it?

          Or maybe the volume pot has a bad spot at the high end and sends no signal.

          Tony
        • sadmorcego
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1 9:42 AM
            hi there!

            well i found the problem!
            the internal fans do not turn on, so that makes the componet to warm up then goes to protect mode!
            but, i disconected them, then put them back on and they started working. they work for a while then they slow down cuz the voltage goes down, i meassure at first 11.50V then 9.50V, then 2.50V aprox, what i see the voltage goes down, i believe that is a power supply problem.
            then i disconnected one of the fans and left one on and it works then i connected the second one and they both shut off! take it off and the other one works!