Re: Soldering a brass bolt

  • Tony Mikolaj
    Message 1 of 27 , May 1, 2011
      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Mark Mickelsen <MarkMickelsen@...> wrote:

      > Jim,
      > A very interesting suggestion. Carefully applied, the epoxy might solve
      > all of the problems I have with the solder.

      What about Loctite http://au.iloctite.com/ it is made to do exactly what you want - lock bolts, studs and nuts. Works first time every time it only hardens when there is no air so will wash off any exposed threads.

      Tony
    • wboyd530
      Message 2 of 27 , May 24, 2011
        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Mikolaj" <miktrain@...> wrote:

        > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Mark Mickelsen <MarkMickelsen@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Jim,
        > > A very interesting suggestion. Carefully applied, the epoxy might solve
        > > all of the problems I have with the solder.
        >
        > What about Loctite http://au.iloctite.com/ it is made to do exactly what you want - lock bolts, studs and nuts. Works first time every time it only hardens when there is no air so will wash off any exposed threads.
        >
        > Tony
        >Use loctite 222-21. It is a removable thread locker. You will still
        have to clean the threads afterwords if you need to restart with clean threads, but it is made to be removable without the need for heat. It is an anaerobic adhesive which means it drys in the absence of air. What is left on the threads can be wiped off.
        Bill B