Remote control ideee....

  • Jan Coetzer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hi Hugh,

      Yes, I am interest.

      This idee have passed my mind before, to install an old cellular
      telephone in the car (hidden) and then using the AUX socket on the
      phone interface with the car alarm immobilize.

      I tried to obtain the pin description on the AUX socket but was not
      successfully, just to see if it's possible to do.

      Could someone help, with a URL to obtain the pin layout /
      description on the Nokia cellphone.

      Or do I try to hunt rainbows; it would not be possible.

      Regards

      Jan
    • Tavys Ashcroft
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2001
        Since nobody really responds to audible car alarms anymore, and
        everybody hates them, it would make more sense to have the sensors in
        the car alarm trigger, via RF signals, a message sent to a pager,
        phone, or audible alarm within the house. This would allow for more
        discrete notification, and possible tracking of the vehicle. It
        would also be possible to set up two-way communications between the
        vehicle and base station in home or cell phone so the owner could
        yell at the theif personally. That would be fun.

        I would love to hear the end of loud car alarms. Especially the
        Viper ones that cycle through the same tone patterns over and over
        and over while I'm trying to sleep.

        -Tavys
      • g0ysorg
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2006
          Alarms that emit a female's blood curdling scream get the most
          attention...

          --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Tavys Ashcroft <bigtex@...>