old tubes

  • Herbert
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 3, 2011
      I have a bunch of old tubs from an old CB. Is anybody interested in them?
    • John Popelish
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 3, 2011
        On 01/03/2011 03:34 PM, Herbert wrote:
        > I have a bunch of old tubs from an old CB. Is anybody interested in them?

        That depends on how many a bunch is. If they could be
        shipped for a few dollars, I'll pay the shipping. If you
        are talking about bushels or truck loads, then, too many for me.

        --
        Regards,

        John Popelish
      • ae5ew
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 3, 2011
          What did you plan to do with 'em??
          Charles AE5EW

          --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Herbert" <herbbartley@...> wrote:

          > I have a bunch of old tubs from an old CB. Is anybody interested in them?

        • Herbert Bartley
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 3, 2011
            Not that much, just from two CB's. Do you need the frame? I'm keeping the case
            and I got a few pounds of components off them. But I have no interest in tubes,
            thank you.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 3, 2011
              Throw them in the garbage or give them to somebody that is into tube radios.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 3, 2011
                On 01/03/2011 08:31 PM, Herbert Bartley wrote:
                > Not that much, just from two CB's. Do you need the
                > frame? I'm keeping the case and I got a few pounds of
                > components off them. But I have no interest in tubes,
                > thank you.

                If you want to give them away, I can pay you for the postage
                and gas to the post office, by paypal, if you have an
                account. Or I'll send you a check. Just the tubes, please.

                email me at jpopelish at gmail dot com for my address.

                And thanks a lot.

                --
                Regards,

                John Popelish
              • Yan Seiner
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 3, 2011
                  Herbert Bartley wrote:

                  > Throw them in the garbage or give them to somebody that is into tube
                  > radios.

                  <nostalgia> I miss the old tubes. Just like steam trains, you could see
                  the electrons go by (well, sort of....) But you could see all the
                  different parts and follow the flow. Now it's all just a blob of
                  plastic. </nostalgia>

                  --

                  o__
                  ,>/'_ o__
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 3, 2011
                    OK you can have them. I'm not done stripping them all yet. I don't know if they are all good but they can't be all bad. Do you want just the tubes or the piece of metal with the mounts also? It's kind of a heavy beast.

                    --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, John Popelish <jpopelish@...> wrote:

                    > On 01/03/2011 03:34 PM, Herbert wrote:
                    > > I have a bunch of old tubs from an old CB. Is anybody interested in them?
                    >
                    > That depends on how many a bunch is. If they could be
                    > shipped for a few dollars, I'll pay the shipping. If you
                    > are talking about bushels or truck loads, then, too many for me.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > John Popelish

                  • John Popelish
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 3, 2011
                      On 01/03/2011 10:03 PM, Herbert wrote:
                      > OK you can have them. I'm not done stripping them all
                      > yet. I don't know if they are all good but they can't be
                      > all bad. Do you want just the tubes or the piece of
                      > metal with the mounts also? It's kind of a heavy beast.

                      I can buy new sockets cheaper than ship a base plate with
                      sockets. By the way, tubes are pretty tough. You can just
                      band a bunch of them together, tightly, with tape and use a
                      little packing between that bundle and the box, to keep the
                      weight down. Its not necessary to wrap each tube with
                      padding. Thanks again.

                      --
                      Regards,

                      John Popelish
                    • AlienRelics
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 3, 2011
                        Drat! That's what I get for going online to read.

                        Anyone have any bad tubes, I am interested. I'd prefer larger tubes, the more interesting the better.

                        Steampunk, you see...

                        Steve Greenfield AE7HD

                        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Herbert" <herbbartley@...> wrote:

                        > OK you can have them. I'm not done stripping them all yet. I don't know if they are all good but they can't be all bad. Do you want just the tubes or the piece of metal with the mounts also? It's kind of a heavy beast.
                        >

                        > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, John Popelish <jpopelish@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > On 01/03/2011 03:34 PM, Herbert wrote:
                        > > > I have a bunch of old tubs from an old CB. Is anybody interested in them?
                        > >
                        > > That depends on how many a bunch is. If they could be
                        > > shipped for a few dollars, I'll pay the shipping. If you
                        > > are talking about bushels or truck loads, then, too many for me.
                        > >
                        > > --
                        > > Regards,
                        > >
                        > > John Popelish

                      • Andrewdavid.mathison
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 4, 2011
                          For any other "Tube" lovers, there is a mass of old tubes on the European market, many from Russia, they are sold in their thousands by various companies...Most are new quality and still in working order......

                          The Russians made mainly Military Tube sets for many years as they are unaffected by EMP in wartime......

                          For example here are some great pictures Tube (Valve in the UK) with Euro Prices (I hope Google leaves the links untouched, but if they are unusable, contact me directly for a "good" working copy of the weblinks!):-

                          http://www.pollin.de/shop/t/NjY4OTA5OTk-/Bauelemente/Aktive_Bauelemente/Roehren_Roehrenfassungen/Rundfunk_und_TV_Roehren.html

                          or here:-

                          http://www.pollin.de/shop/t/NTY4OTA5OTk-/Bauelemente/Aktive_Bauelemente/Roehren_Roehrenfassungen/Russische_Roehren.html

                          or here:-

                          http://www.pollin.de/shop/t/NDY4OTA5OTk-/Bauelemente/Aktive_Bauelemente/Roehren_Roehrenfassungen/Sende_Roehren.html

                          and special for Tubes from the USA:-

                          http://www.pollin.de/shop/t/NjM3OTA5OTk-/Bauelemente/Aktive_Bauelemente/Roehren_Roehrenfassungen/USA_und_Spezialroehren.html

                          If anyone has great interest and needs help with the German to order some, just contact me privately anytime!

                          Greetings from

                          Andy Mathison

                        • bruce_fleming
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 4, 2011
                            Check out Freecycle.org.

                            This website allows users to post items they would like to give away for free as an alternative to throwing things in the garbage. It also allows users to post ads for things they need.

                            --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Herbert" <herbbartley@...> wrote:

                            > I have a bunch of old tubs from an old CB. Is anybody interested in them?

                          • Barry Savage
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 4, 2011
                              If you really want to go steampunk, make your own tubes, like this guy.
                              (video in two parts)

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl-QMuUQhVM

                              Barry
                              <><><><><>
                              On 1/3/2011 9:06 PM, AlienRelics wrote:

                              > Drat! That's what I get for going online to read.
                              >
                              > Anyone have any bad tubes, I am interested. I'd prefer larger tubes,
                              > the more interesting the better.
                              >
                              > Steampunk, you see...
                              >
                              > Steve Greenfield AE7HD
                              >
                              > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com
                              > <mailto:Electronics_101%40yahoogroups.com>, "Herbert"
                              > <herbbartley@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > OK you can have them. I'm not done stripping them all yet. I don't
                              > know if they are all good but they can't be all bad. Do you want just
                              > the tubes or the piece of metal with the mounts also? It's kind of a
                              > heavy beast.
                              > >

                              > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com
                              > <mailto:Electronics_101%40yahoogroups.com>, John Popelish <jpopelish@>
                              > wrote:

                              > in them?
                              > > >
                              > > > That depends on how many a bunch is. If they could be
                              > > > shipped for a few dollars, I'll pay the shipping. If you
                              > > > are talking about bushels or truck loads, then, too many for me.
                              > > >
                              > > > --
                              > > > Regards,
                              > > >
                              > > > John Popelish

                            • logicresearch
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 4, 2011
                                Hi,

                                I've got a couple of hundred old tubes - I think most are second hand pulls, but a lot are in good working condition, some new in boxes, a mixture of all sorts, but all (99%) signal tubes etc (few if any power or special tubes).

                                Interested?

                                Cheers,

                                Daryl.

                                --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "AlienRelics" <alienrelics@...> wrote:

                                > Drat! That's what I get for going online to read.
                                >
                                > Anyone have any bad tubes, I am interested. I'd prefer larger tubes, the more interesting the better.
                                >
                                > Steampunk, you see...
                                >
                                > Steve Greenfield AE7HD
                                >

                                > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Herbert" <herbbartley@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > OK you can have them. I'm not done stripping them all yet. I don't know if they are all good but they can't be all bad. Do you want just the tubes or the piece of metal with the mounts also? It's kind of a heavy beast.
                                > >

                                > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, John Popelish <jpopelish@> wrote:

                                > > > That depends on how many a bunch is. If they could be
                                > > > shipped for a few dollars, I'll pay the shipping. If you
                                > > > are talking about bushels or truck loads, then, too many for me.
                                > > >
                                > > > --
                                > > > Regards,
                                > > >
                                > > > John Popelish

                              • Herbert
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 2, 2011
                                  How did those tubes work out? Find anything you can use?