Re: need help in Power Supply

  • hazelnutweb@hazelnutweb.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2001
      Hi, I'm new to this group but old and experienced with electronic
      devices. Have you thought about a surge suppressor for your device?
      Just a thought! c ya

    • db87900@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2001
        Hi, its always good to make one but i'm concern about your safety, on
        your case if you are experiencing a huge amount of surge you dont
        need to built one to replaced the other one the problem still there.I
        would suggest to get one reliable UPS uninterruptible Power supply
        this type of device has a voltage windows that can handle huge
        amount of surge and sag.If out of your budget mind to get on surge
        suppressor with circuit breaker.This i would like you to do if you
        really want to built one first monitor your ac utility during day
        and night time check how far the ac utility went beyond the nominal
        voltage 110Vac, check your ac outlet where the fax machine
        connected is it really properly grounded? if not have a elctrical
        technicain look on it, reason why I want you to check the proper
        grounding cause this in one reason why your psu on your fax keeps
        busted. during that time.let me know if you needs more info on
        voltage regulation.Electonics 101 advice Think first before you
        jump...just be careful.safety first.

        Thanks,
        The safet Guy