Re: 4-20 Transmitter and reader - working!

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
      Yes, PNP points in but current flow follows the arrow from plus to
      minus so I would expect the emitter to be connected to Vcc and the
      collector the the output.

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "ghidera2000"
      <ghidera2000@y...> wrote:
      > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "rtstofer" <rstofer@p...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Is the Darlington drawn correctly?
      > >

      > While I wouldn't put money on it, I do remember seeing a memory
      > trick. "Pointing IN" for PNP and "Not Pointing in" for NPN.
    • ghidera2000
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2003
        Sorry for the delay and thanks for pointing that out. After much
        googling I see that you're absolutely correct. I updated the
        schematic in the 4-20 stuff folder. Wonder what else is backwards in
        there :D

        wrote:

        > Yes, PNP points in but current flow follows the arrow from plus to
        > minus so I would expect the emitter to be connected to Vcc and the
        > collector the the output.
        >

        > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "ghidera2000"
        > <ghidera2000@y...> wrote:
        > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "rtstofer"
        <rstofer@p...>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Is the Darlington drawn correctly?
        > > >

        > > While I wouldn't put money on it, I do remember seeing a memory
        > > trick. "Pointing IN" for PNP and "Not Pointing in" for NPN.
      • Scott T.
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2003
          Sorry to reply to an old message, but I just got back from vacation.

          Just wanted to say hi again and to let everyone know who was involved
          with the 4-20mA circuit how glad I am that it is working :)

          I look forward to working with you all again!

          Best,
          Scotty