Help finding this part?

  • DaveC
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2010
      I can find datasheets for a SAA1029:

      <http://www.datasheetarchive.com/Indexer/Datasheet-05/DSA0082179.html>

      but finding a replacement is proving to be difficult. Neither Mouser,
      Digi-Key, Farnell, Jameco, Newark, nor Maplin have it. E-pay shows 3
      supplier in Hong Kong and UK. I'd like to find one local (USA) if
      possible.

      Suggestions? (Looking for a direct replacement IC, not a "use some
      AND gates" equivalent...)

      Thanks,
      Dave
    • alienrelics
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
        Sometimes you have to order outside the USA.

        Never ordered from Donberg, but here's a link:

        <http://www.electronic-spare-parts.com/catalogue/semiconductors/saa_1029.html>

        Steve Greenfield AE7HD

        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, DaveC <davec2468@...> wrote:

        > I can find datasheets for a SAA1029:
        >
        > <http://www.datasheetarchive.com/Indexer/Datasheet-05/DSA0082179.html>
        >
        > but finding a replacement is proving to be difficult. Neither Mouser,
        > Digi-Key, Farnell, Jameco, Newark, nor Maplin have it. E-pay shows 3
        > supplier in Hong Kong and UK. I'd like to find one local (USA) if
        > possible.
        >
        > Suggestions? (Looking for a direct replacement IC, not a "use some
        > AND gates" equivalent...)
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Dave

      • Derek Koonce
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
          See what Quest can offer. I've used them for several obsolete parts.
          626-723-2807
          http://www.questcomp.com

          Derek Koonce
          DDK Interactive Consulting Services