Re: We broke 37.77777778 C today !!!

  • Kerim F
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2010
      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "jongkung01" <jongkung01@...> wrote:

      > Hi Guys,
      >

      > We broke 37.77777777777778 C today in NYC.
      >
      > =====
      >
      > Some how that doesn't sound as monumental as saying:
      >
      > "We broke 100 F today in NYC".
      >
      > =====
      >
      > I always hated the "Imperial" measurement system. But this is ONE case where the imperial systems seems to make sense. When the temp goes pass 100F, people can all agree, we are in deep "Do-Do".
      >
      > So may be the inventor of the F scale, felt that we should have 100 F when people are all "F"-ed up. Maybe 0 F is when people all feel "Holy Sh!T - it cold out there" point.
      >
      > Strike up one for Imperial system - finally.
      >

      > Jong
      >
      > P.S. Actually we been breaking 37.7777778 C for few past days now in NYC. Does that even make sense - to say that ?? What do people in other country use as the Monumental HOT temp point?

      For instance, I think it is time for NASA to start the project of its spatial umbrella.
      In this project, each station would be built in space and move around earth as satellites do, for two main functions:

      (1)
      To save sun energy by its thin but vaste surface with a dimension comparable to of a big city.
      So in space, such a station would be like a spatial gas station.

      (2)
      To produce an artificial eclipse over a big city during hot days.
      This service would be rented by hours.
      And a station can be moved to service many cities in one day (while tracking the sun).

      Nice solution for our very hot days, I guess.

      Kerim