Logic Analyzer - Opinion Please...

  • Frank P
    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 19, 2010
      I came across these logic analyzers but not sure about the pros and cons. For a budding, electronics hobbyist, are these some things to consider?

      http://tfla-01.berlios.de/

      http://www.xs4all.nl/~jwasys/old/diy2.html

      http://sites.google.com/site/uvasux/simplelogicanalyser

      http://www.ikalogic.com/scanalogic_home.php

      Thanks.
      Message 39 of 39 , Jul 8, 2010
        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Frank P" <qz9090@...> wrote:

        > While watching a video at the Gadgetfactory.com site, the narrator mentioned getting the drivers for the device at:
        >
        > http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm
        >
        > Does this help?
        >
        > Frank P.

        The site is GadgetFactory.NET

        There are 3 versions of the logic analyzer:
        1) The Spartan 3 Starter Board - uses real RS232 serial
        2) The Butterfly version - uses an FTDI serial<->USB chip
        3) The Seeed Studio (Hong Kong) versiion - uses Microchip USB uC

        We need a driver for the Microchip USB based uC. I know it exists because I use a similar device inside the PicKit 3. However, trying to use the driver with the seeed device didn't work. It could be as simple as something in the .inf file.

        The thing is, I don't really care! I don't plan to use the LA with my x64 Win7 box as it is on the wrong side of the room. My x86 WinXP box is right next to my workbench.

        Richard