Question, has anyone made or tried of of these EMF sleep aid devices?

  • david14433
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2010
      Hi all, I found this sleeping aid circuit board device. It works by emitting earth's frequency EMF's You can get the specs here. http://www.redcircuits.com//Page48.htm
      I was wanting to build one of these devices but not sure if it really works as they say. So I would really appreciate it if I could get some feedback on this device or something the is equivalent.
      Here are some of the things that are claimed. Thanks.

      Features:
      Generates a natural electromagnetic-field
      Makes easier to fall asleep
      Induces a prolonged and sound sleep without drugs
      No side effects
      Device purpose:

      Many people experienced sleeping well in natural surroundings, into a tent or a wooden hut. This fact is due not only to the healthy atmosphere but also from our unconscious ability to perceive natural Earth's magnetic-fields.
      The circuit generates this type of Geo-magnetic-fields and lets us perceive them: in this manner our brain is surrounded by an ideal environment for a sound sleep.
      > (N.B. Basic ideas for this circuit are coming from German papers).
    • jong kung
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2010
        david14433,

        Hi all, I found this sleeping aid circuit
        > board device. It
        works by emitting
        > earth's frequency EMF's

        Sounds hockey pockey.  I'm not convinced that whatever EMF earth emits, that it is missing in the cities (or where ever people are not able to sleep).  I would have to see some data that:

        (a) earth has EMF
        (b) it is steady and simple enough to be reproduced (not random noise)
        (c) it can be reproduced using a small device
        (d) and that this EMF is related to sleep.

        ====

        If anything, we have too much EMF in the cities and we should shield ourselves (if it can be proven the background EMF is causing the lack of sleep).

        I say just cut back on Coffee after mid-day.  :-)

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2010
          It is a waste of your time.
          The only way in which it helps you sleep is by making you tired from
          building it. ;-)

          ST

          On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 6:51 PM, david14433 <david14433@...> wrote:
          >  Hi all, I found this sleeping aid circuit board device. It works by emitting earth's frequency EMF's You can get the specs here. http://www.redcircuits.com//Page48.htm
          >  I was wanting to build one of these devices but not sure if it really works as they say. So I would really appreciate it if I could get some feedback on this device or something the is equivalent.
          >  Here are some of the things that are claimed. Thanks.
          >
          >  Features:
          >  Generates a natural electromagnetic-field
          >  Makes easier to fall asleep
          >  Induces a prolonged and sound sleep without drugs
          >  No side effects
          >  Device purpose:
          >
          >  Many people experienced sleeping well in natural surroundings, into a tent or a wooden hut. This fact is due not only to the healthy atmosphere but also from our unconscious ability to perceive natural Earth's magnetic-fields.
          >  The circuit generates this type of Geo-magnetic-fields and lets us perceive them: in this manner our brain is surrounded by an ideal environment for a sound sleep.
          >> (N.B. Basic ideas for this circuit are coming from German papers).

        • logicresearch
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2010
            Sure, thats just what I want - something transmitting RF two inches from my head all night!

            Daryl.

          • kabowers@NorthState.net
            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2010
              On Sat, 01 May 2010 19:39:14 -0000, you wrote:

              >Sure, thats just what I want - something transmitting RF two inches from my head all night!
              >
              >Daryl.

              Start with 60Hz.....just crawl under your electric blanket.

              Then if you want to risk really zapping yourself do it during a big thunderstorm 8=))

              Keith Bowers WB4LSJ- Thomasville, NC
            • ikc46118
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2010
                If a compass works in your bedroom, you don't need one.

                If a compass doesn't work in your bedroom...

                ...you still don't need one.

                Bruce

                --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "david14433" <david14433@...> wrote:

                > Hi all, I found this sleeping aid circuit board device. It works by emitting earth's frequency EMF's You can get the specs here. http://www.redcircuits.com//Page48.htm
                > I was wanting to build one of these devices but not sure if it really works as they say. So I would really appreciate it if I could get some feedback on this device or something the is equivalent.
                > Here are some of the things that are claimed. Thanks.
                >
                > Features:
                > Generates a natural electromagnetic-field
                > Makes easier to fall asleep
                > Induces a prolonged and sound sleep without drugs
                > No side effects
                > Device purpose:
                >
                > Many people experienced sleeping well in natural surroundings, into a tent or a wooden hut. This fact is due not only to the healthy atmosphere but also from our unconscious ability to perceive natural Earth's magnetic-fields.
                > The circuit generates this type of Geo-magnetic-fields and lets us perceive them: in this manner our brain is surrounded by an ideal environment for a sound sleep.
                > > (N.B. Basic ideas for this circuit are coming from German papers).

              • Mike Payson
                Message 7 of 7 , May 2, 2010
                  As I said in one of the later threads on this subject, I am highly
                  dubious that this will work. However, unlike the device linked to in
                  the other thread, this circuit looks cheap and reasonably easy to
                  build. Rather than asking us skeptics if we think it will work, why
                  not build it and test for yourself? I suspect in the end you won't be
                  satisfied, but what have you got to lose? An hour or two and probably
                  less than $15 from digikey.