Re: Inductor polarity

  • orvillefpike
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2009
      Unfortunately, that's pretty much all our fire department can do, show off. They lost every house, in our neighborhood, in the last 5 years and they are full time "professional" fireman.

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2009
        Surely it can't be that bad <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA5V78NC1mM>

        Maybe they were saving the houses next to the ones on fire....

        ST

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2009
          One of the fire, the firemen showed up with FIVE pumps and none of them knew where to connect them, by the time they got organized, the building was lost, on another occasion, they showed up with one pump and it didn't work, so by the time they got another pump the building was on it's way to a total loss, on another fire they where about 40 firemen and about 5 of them putting out the fire while the others watched, at my next door neighbor, an artist, there was a unexplained fire in the wall and the build was full of smoke, me and the neighbor where getting the paintings out while the firemen watched us with their breathing equipment on. They where able to put the smoldering wood out with about a gallon of water but then they wanted to see what could have caused the fire and then there was some real damage. There is more but.....

          --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Trethan <stefan_trethan@...> wrote:

          > Surely it can't be that bad <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA5V78NC1mM>
          >
          > Maybe they were saving the houses next to the ones on fire....
          >
          > ST
          >
          > On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM, orvillefpike <orvillefpike@...> wrote:
          > > Unfortunately, that's pretty much all our fire department can do, show off. They lost every house, in our neighborhood, in the last 5 years and they are full time "professional" fireman.
          > >
          > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "cboy2us" <cboy2us@> wrote:
          > >>

          > >> In reference to water hammer, this is what caused many busted mains in the city of Forsyth, Missouri.  Lets just say that the fire department liked to show off in front of the ladies.

        • dave_mucha
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 1, 2009
            I guess you have it almost as bad as they do it in Philadelphia. They drop bombs on the house, then let the fire burn for an hour while they have film crews up in the 10 story cherry pickers fitted with hoses and robotic controls.

            Then when they rebuild the entire block of some 62 houses... at then end, someone asks where house # 63 was...

            seems they made a small miscalculation.

            Dave