RE: [Electronics_101] Re: CD ROM

  • Charles Douvier
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003
      I still have my A500, the disks and the monitor.. The monitor when out on it.. I think it was something like a 1824 .. not sure on the model # now.. I should probably fix it sometime. You can still pick Amiga's up fairly cheap on ebay (even have some new in the box) but I bought mine from a commodore store before commodore went and screwed all their vendors by selling them so cheap to kmart that the vendors could go down to kmart and buy them cheaper than commodore was selling them at dealer pricing.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003
        Hello peter

        On 01-Jul-03, you wrote:

        > Hey,
        >
        > How many other Amiga users are there out there?????
        >

        > PS Hi, Brian, fellow Amiga user. A3000 060/50MHz and Amiga Forever

        I use my Amiga every day, and it's actually what I'm using now to write
        these Emails. You'd probably be amazed at the spec. Here goes:

        A1200T
        040/PPC 200Mhz
        256MB RAM
        MediatorSX
        Voodoo3 3000 GFX card
        Terratec512i Sound Card
        5x USB2 slots (SpiderII USB)
        WinTV Primio TV-In card
        10/100 Ethernet
        DVD
        CDRW
        2x 40GB HDs
        6 in 1 flash card reader
        All housed in Elbox's new Mirage Tower.
        19" Monitor
        AmigaOS 3.9 (OS4 as soon as it's released)

        Good eh? And I bet you didn't know there were new Amigas being released with
        modern PPC processors and a new Operating System due out which is PPC native
        :P

        PS: Hi Steve ;)

        -----
        Brian J Hoskins
        South Wales, UK

        Email: BrianJHoskins@...
        Mobile: 07967 240380

        Amiga 040/PPC, Amiga OS3.9.
        -----
      • Tobias_Keizer
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 5, 2003
          Hey Peter,

          I actually did a similar project once in my bathroom (of all placed)
          and found a very nice CD-ROM by Creative. (no, I don't work there)

          The series is called Infra AudioExcel and should go for around US$
          50,- in the US and has a remote control as the name suggests. Just
          hook up 12v and 5v at the suggested rating and you're done. The
          phunny thing about this player is that if you stick a piece of
          plastic in the headphone connector it automatically activates the
          volume control on the standard audio connector (the four pin type) on
          the back of the unit. Really great piece of hardware. Give it a go...

          Hope this helps...

          Toby

          --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "peter tremewen"
          <Ptremewe@b...> wrote:
          > Does anyonme know a "simple" circuit to make a computer CD rom
          reader
          > into an audio player?? Most CD roms have an audio output, and it
          can
          > obviously read Audio CDs, how hard is it to get an audio CD to
          play??
          > I did see something simllar based on the 8051 micro controller,
          > described, but the site lacked a circuit, or full information....
          >
          > The Sinister Dragon....
        • miktrain
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 9, 2003
            I think you are right that's why running in DOS requires CD drivers.

            Tony