Re: [Electronics_101] Re: Tesla

    Message 1 of 63 , Jun 1, 2009
      On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Roland F. Harriston
      <rolohar@...> wrote:

      > John F. Kennedy had an insatiable sex drive.
      > Fermi (A-Bomb fame) was a homosexual.
      > In spite of all his greatness, Tesla died a pauper.

      Ah yes, Americas grestest sins, sex without the purpose of
      procreation, homosexuality, and poverty ;-)

      > It seems that there is a directly proportionality between
      > greatness and weirdness.

      I don't think there must necessarily be a connection with
      greatness/fame, possibly it is just that the oddities of these men are
      discussed at length and made public, while the oddities of most people
      remain private. (Of course there may be some link to acting
      extraordinarily and out of the norm in both private life and
      professional life).

      ST
    • jongkung01
      Message 63 of 63 , Jun 5, 2009
        > This Friday (on Science Channel), the show BRINK will have a
        > segment on wireless energy. I hope the COMING ATTRACTION was
        > not all hype.
        >

        > Jong

        I just saw the show BRINK and there's nothing really new. At least no new technology. They interviewed 2 groups of people. First group was from this SHOW / Theatre company:

        http://www.omegarecoil.com/

        They essentially recreated Tesla's experiment by using 10 feet tall Tesla coil, and transmitting 1 million volts about 20 feet to light something that looks like 20 watt light bulb. Ooooo, Ahhhhh....

        ===
        The second group was from this company:

        http://www.witricity.com/

        The essential technology is induction. They say they are using tuned frequency for "sender" and "receiver". This basically removed LOCAL wires from wall to TV, Stereo, etc. This is NOT technology to remove long distance power transmission wires.
        ===

        BOTTOM LINE: Tesla got this so wrong... (Sorry Tesla, You know I love ya...).