The correct way to start a new thread

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2009
      PLEASE DO -NOT- REPLY AND THEN DELETE, THINKING THIS STARTS A NEW THREAD!!!

      Sorry, I'm getting quite frustrated about this, it is in the files you get when you join and that go out every month, and I've repeated it over and over here. No one here should be able to say "I didn't know" without feeling a little shame.

      Go to the group site, and when reading messages Yahoogroups handily links messages in a thread together. However, when you try to start a new thread by hitting "reply", it sticks with the old thread.

      Not to pick on anyone in particular, but if you look at this message and look at the threads linked to it, you see at least three threads linked:

      When it gets long, Yahoogroups chops up the thread and it becomes difficult to follow if you are searching for information.

      Is it really so hard to just save the group email address, and hit "New"?

      electronics_101@yahoogroups.com

      Thank you,
      Steve Greenfield
      your grumpy neighborhood moderator