Re: SMA7029M

  • boons007
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1 6:09 AM
      nice part for unipolar microstepping,
      I've designed stuff with them before, I lust used the SLA7xxx
      Versions, (more heatsinking since i was pushing the limits..).

      Allegro Micro USA version of the catalog has the application
      information. including waveforms.. Starts on Page 8

      http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Products/Categories/Sanken/Motor_Drive
      rs/Motor_Driver_ICs_h1-i02eb0.pdf

      it pretty easy to use, just follow the shematic, if your
      microstepping just replace the ref divider with A voltage source for
      each phase.

      I'm set up for daily digest so don't get any file attachments like
      schematics. post the schematic in the files section then ask the
      group or me emaile me directly then i will get the attachments.

      BoonS

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <sungstad@...> wrote:

      > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "frankcalzia" <keithg@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I notice this unipolar stepper driver on several salvaged
      boards
      > from photocopy machines.
      > > Without a tutorial of some sort, I anticipate problems
      connecting to
      > my Arduino pins. If you
      > > have experience the SMA7029M, please advise where I might find
      an
      > online tutorial. Thank
      > > you.
      > >

      > See:
      >
      > http://www.sanken-ele.co.jp/en/prod/library/pdf/h1-o03ed0-
      IC_Motor.pdf

      > STeve

    • frankcalzia
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1 12:16 PM
        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "boons007" <boons007@...> wrote:

        > nice part for unipolar microstepping,
        > I've designed stuff with them before, I lust used the SLA7xxx
        > Versions, (more heatsinking since i was pushing the limits..).
        >
        > Allegro Micro USA version of the catalog has the application
        > information. including waveforms.. Starts on Page 8
        >
        > http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Products/Categories/Sanken/Motor_Drive
        > rs/Motor_Driver_ICs_h1-i02eb0.pdf
        >
        > it pretty easy to use, just follow the shematic, if your
        > microstepping just replace the ref divider with A voltage source for
        > each phase.
        >
        > I'm set up for daily digest so don't get any file attachments like
        > schematics. post the schematic in the files section then ask the
        > group or me emaile me directly then i will get the attachments.
        >
        > BoonS
        >
        > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <sungstad@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "frankcalzia" <keithg@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I notice this unipolar stepper driver on several salvaged
        > boards
        > > from photocopy machines.
        > > > Without a tutorial of some sort, I anticipate problems
        > connecting to
        > > my Arduino pins. If you
        > > > have experience the SMA7029M, please advise where I might find
        > an
        > > online tutorial. Thank
        > > > you.
        > > >

        > > See:
        > >
        > > http://www.sanken-ele.co.jp/en/prod/library/pdf/h1-o03ed0-
        > IC_Motor.pdf
        > >
        > > STeve

        I posted the schematic in files. Problem is, I have little experience with electronics. This
        is part of a robotics project our fourth grade students are designing. I am trying to put
        their ideas into 3-d, a lot tougher than I thought. If you could offer a simple description
        of how this connects to Arduino, I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks.
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1 1:40 PM
          > > > See:

          "http://www.sanken-ele.co.jp/en/prod/library/pdf/h1-o03ed0-IC_Motor.pdf"

          > > > STeve
          > > >

          > I posted the schematic in files. Problem is, I have little
          experience with electronics. This
          > is part of a robotics project our fourth grade students are
          designing. I am trying to put
          > their ideas into 3-d, a lot tougher than I thought. If you could
          offer a simple description
          > of how this connects to Arduino, I would certainly appreciate it.
          Thanks.

          The schematic you posted is part of the pdf document that I posted the
          link to. It is only a small part of a motion control system. You may
          want to look into driving stepper motors but my impression is that you
          should consider Lego robots or a similar product. These advanced toys
          have done the engineering work that you lack, and provide the needed
          instructional support to use them.

          Regards,
          Steve
        • hrh1818
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1 2:31 PM
            --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "frankcalzia" <keithg@...> wrote:

            > I posted the schematic in files. Problem is, I have little
            experience with electronics. This
            > is part of a robotics project our fourth grade students are
            designing. I am trying to put
            > their ideas into 3-d, a lot tougher than I thought. If you could
            offer a simple description
            > of how this connects to Arduino, I would certainly appreciate it.
            Thanks.

            I go along with Steve and recommend you look for something more
            appropriate for fourth grade students. The following location has some
            non-soldering robot kits in the 10 to 20 dollar price range that are
            suitable for beginners.
            http://www.kitsusa.net/phpstore/index.php

            Another place that lists robot kits by age and experience level is.
            http://tinyurl.com/bvlbow

            Howard