Re: [Electronics_101] Re: Do Transistors give you Cancer?

  • Jeffrey Engel
    Message 1 of 81 , Feb 1, 2009
      From: jong kung <jongkung01@...>

      Wait till you start eye balling RMS DMM meters, temp controlled soldering iron, signal generator, 4 input OSCILLOSCOPE (Oooooo, Ahhhhhh), etc. etc.

         ;-)

      Jong

      Here, here!

      I've needed a 'scope to get a project off of high-center. It's been more than I wanted to spend, but after listening to this group of 'enablers' <grin>, I eBayed an ex-military Tek 745 and battery pack (I'm afraid it's going to rough service). Unless you get a real deal, something like that will run into some money.

      Now if you would care to discuss logic analyzers. . .

      Jeff
      Happiness is - positive intake manifold pressure.
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 81 of 81 , Feb 7, 2009
        Laura wrote:
        > Yes indeed, you CAN dim LEDs with potentiometers!
        >
        > I scrounged up a few old guitar knobs. 250K ohms. Worked great!
        > With a simple mono-color non-blinking LED, it dims the color.
        > I wired it up to my blinker circuit and it slowed the blink rate. And
        > I only fried one LED while doing this experiment. A nite well spent!

        You still need a resistor in the circuit because when you turn the pot
        to "0" there is not longer any resistance to limit the current.

        Cheers,

        Bryan