Re: [Electronics_101] Do Transistors give you Cancer?

  • JanRwl@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 81 , Jan 31, 2009
      In a message dated 2/1/2009 12:40:35 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      greenfeather1@... writes:

      I told my friend I was learning electronics and he said "be careful
      about handling those semiconductors, they'll give you cancer. Like,
      bone cancer & stuff."<<

      Laura! That is TOTAL bovine deficate!

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 81 of 81 , Feb 7 5:59 PM
        Laura wrote:
        > Yes indeed, you CAN dim LEDs with potentiometers!
        >
        > I scrounged up a few old guitar knobs. 250K ohms. Worked great!
        > With a simple mono-color non-blinking LED, it dims the color.
        > I wired it up to my blinker circuit and it slowed the blink rate. And
        > I only fried one LED while doing this experiment. A nite well spent!

        You still need a resistor in the circuit because when you turn the pot
        to "0" there is not longer any resistance to limit the current.

        Cheers,

        Bryan