Re: Recording in C

  • manifold <manifold_1@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2003
      There are applications that do that but you might want to try a C
      forum to find a program. This is an electronics group.

      Look for OpD2d for the application.

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Dragan Karleusha"
      <flame@b...> wrote:
      > Hello World :)
      >
      > Does anyone have C program that records from sound
      > card into wav file?
      >
      > This is what I need:
      >
      > I have SB16 ISA sound card, and 486 PC, this is my other
      > computer that I use for hobby :) Ok, I want to make some
      > sort of acquisition utility with sound card. Idea is to short
      > circuit capacitor located at MicIn line, so that DC can be
      > measured.
      > Problem is how to record stuff that comes into MicIn,
      > and display it... well, less problem is to display it ;)
      >
      > Please if you have any peace of code or idea no
      > matter how stupid that seams to you, please send it !
      > You can use my private e-mail if you like...
    • Dragan Karleusha
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2003
            Thanks...

        I know this is electronics group :) But I just thought, maybe somebody
        connects things to pc... and make some acquisition utilities ... so maybe
        somebody have been working in C :)) so...

            Anyway... there is one more question... now it's electronics related :)
        Anybody worked with ADC0820 ??? I have figured it out, but maybe somebody
        have some hints, tips or tricks... ???

        Have a good day, wherever you are !!

        <flame@b...> wrote:
        >     Hello World :)
        >
        >     Does anyone have C program that records from sound
        > card into wav file?
        >
        > This is what I need:
        >
        >     I have SB16 ISA sound card, and 486 PC, this is my other
        > computer that I use for hobby :) Ok, I want to make some
        > sort of acquisition utility with sound card. Idea is to short
        > circuit capacitor located at MicIn line, so that DC can be
        > measured.
        >     Problem is how to record stuff that comes into MicIn,
        > and display it... well, less problem is to display it ;)
        >
        >     Please if you have any peace of code or idea no
        > matter how stupid that seams to you, please send it !
        > You can use my private e-mail if you like...

      • Brian Hoskins
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 9, 2003
          Hello Dragan

          What is your query relating to the ADC0820? I can probably help you out :)

          -----
          Brian J Hoskins
          South Wales, UK

          Email: BrianJHoskins@...
          Mobile: 07967 240380

          Amiga 040/PPC, Amiga OS3.9.
          -----
        • David Levasseur
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 10, 2003
            Hi,

            You can look at these link or if you realy want to write your own program,
            search for these two windows API command: WaveIn and WaveOut.

            Digital Oscilloscope:

            Search on GOOGLE : sound card oscilloscope

            http://polly.phys.msu.su/~zeld/oscill.html

            http://users.auth.gr/~mixos/software.htm

            http://eebweb.arizona.edu/faculty/hopp/sound.html

            http://www.linuxnetmag.com/en/issue4/m4oszillo1.html