OT : Holidays & Groups

  • Mears, Alan (AS17)
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31 10:34 PM
      I will be going on holidays for a few weeks and need to setup an
      Out-Of-Office reply while I'm gone. Is it possible to modify the yahoo
      profile to suspend all emails for a period of time so that I don't reply
      to the every single group email with an OOR?

      Regards,
      Alan in Oz
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2008
        You can select "no email" in your profile. If you don't get any it can't reply.

        This setting has been known for some delay before it takes effect.

        ST

        On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Mears, Alan (AS17)
        <Alan.Mears@...> wrote:
        > I will be going on holidays for a few weeks and need to setup an
        > Out-Of-Office reply while I'm gone. Is it possible to modify the yahoo
        > profile to suspend all emails for a period of time so that I don't reply
        > to the every single group email with an OOR?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Alan in Oz

      • Mears, Alan (AS17)
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2008
          Have set profile to No Email so my apologies if it you guys/gals get any
          out-of-office replies until it takes effect

          -Alan

          <Alan.Mears@...> wrote:
          > I will be going on holidays for a few weeks and need to setup an
          > Out-Of-Office reply while I'm gone. Is it possible to modify the yahoo
          > profile to suspend all emails for a period of time so that I don't
          reply
          > to the every single group email with an OOR?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Alan in Oz

        • Ron Wright
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 1, 2008
            Alan,

            Go to the HOME page and at the top is "edit membership". Click here and on this page you can select no e-mails or at least only notices. Then SAVE.

            73, ron, n9ee/r

            >From: "Mears, Alan (AS17)" <Alan.Mears@...>
            >Date: 2008/08/01 Fri AM 01:34:20 EDT
            >To: Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Electronics_101] OT : Holidays & Groups

            >I will be going on holidays for a few weeks and need to setup an
            >Out-Of-Office reply while I'm gone. Is it possible to modify the yahoo
            >profile to suspend all emails for a period of time so that I don't reply
            >to the every single group email with an OOR?
            >
            >Regards,
            >Alan in Oz

            Ron Wright, N9EE
            727-376-6575
            MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS
            Owner 146.64 repeater Tampa Bay, FL
            No tone, all are welcome.
          • Mears, Alan (AS17)
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 9, 2008
              I've got a circuit (microcontroller based) which reads a voltage from my
              cars' ECU (but powered from a separate circuit in the car) and when I
              turn the circuit off, the car engine cuts out. I think there is some
              kind of feedback getting to the ECU which it doesn't like.

              Does anyone have any suggestion to whether I can use eg. rectifier or
              other diode to stop any signal or voltage spikes getting from my circuit
              back to the ECU?

              Regards,
              Alan in Oz
            • Erik Knise
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 9, 2008
                It seems like your circuit may be pulling down that line, once you shut it
                off. Look for leaks to ground.

                What is your circuit doing exactly?

                On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 1:10 AM, Mears, Alan (AS17) <Alan.Mears@...

                --
                Erik L. Knise
                Pacific Shipping Company

              • Mears, Alan (AS17)
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 9, 2008
                  The kit reads the voltage from an ECU output (Air flow meter voltage)
                  and uses that to determine when a pump should be activated via a relay.
                  The track from the terminal block goes to the microcontroller and is NOT
                  connected to any other tracks on the PCB.

                  Btw - The kit has a proper fabricated PCB so it's not a "backyard" job.

                  --
                  Erik L. Knise
                  Pacific Shipping Company

                • Shawn Upton
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 9, 2008
                    Sounds like it is loading down the MAF when the circuit is not powered up. Couple of ideas: one, use a series 10k resistor or the like. This will limit the fault current -- but it will probably still do bad things. That is to say, it will still cause loading, and the ECU will still "flip out", albeit to a lesser extent.

                    Better: use a series resistor, but add a pole to the switch that engages the circuit. Like a DPDT switch. With the idea that one pole passes power to the circuit, while the other pole connects the MAF signal to the circuit.

                    What is happening is that, with this signal going straight into the micro, a parasitic (or intentional, depending upon how you look at it, as there is most likely an intentional ESD structuer there also) diode from the micro input to VCC is being turned on. Although there is no juice to VCC, there is plenty of loading on VCC--the micro itself, and whatever else is on your board.

                    Is this circuit supposed to have 12V always?

                    Shawn Upton, KB1CKT

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 10, 2008
                      The circuit is only meant to have 12V when it's turned ON. It does not
                      require any residual/backup power supply

                      -Alan

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 10, 2008
                        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Giammerse,Jr."
                        <slouchguy@...> wrote:

                        > I stumbled on this website by accident
                        > www.pdf-search-engine.com
                        >
                        > It is very helpful for finding e-books and articles. Just
                        thought I would pass it along.
                        > Sincerely, Jack G.

                        An excellent find, Jack!
                        Thanks for sharing,
                        Alan
                      • Steve
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 10, 2008
                          Please don't start a new thread by saving an old one to reply to. Even
                          when you change the subject line and delete the old text, Yahoogroups
                          hides something in the headers and it shows up as part of the old thread.

                          I can tell you started two threads this way from one message, see the
                          Thread list on this message:

                          Your friendly neighborhood moderator,
                          Steve Greenfield

                          --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Mears, Alan (AS17)"