"Simple" Wireless Remote For Small Trains?

  • John Cubbin
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2002
      Hi,

      I'm working with Z scale trains, and building small (16 inch x 18 inch)
      layouts. I wondered if it was possible to assemble existing components
      to create a wireless remote control for these layouts? I have posted a
      sketch of what I'd like to accomplish at my website:

      http://www.ztrains.com/wireless.html

      I've seen simple remotes like this on small toy train layouts in stores
      such as KMart for as little as $50, and that got me thinking about
      applying the idea to these Z scale trains.

      Any input on this would be very much appreciated.

      John