Re: CFL and noise

  • Kuba Ober
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2008
      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan
      Trethan" <stefan_trethan@...> wrote:

      > Which company was that?
      > A collegue bought OSRAM CFLs and a high percentage didn't even work
      > right out of the box!
      > One would think Osram is a well known company with a reasonably
      good name.
      > He's still waiting for his replacements by the way.

      Those could have been counterfeit, or were mishandled during
      shipping. If you throw the boxes with those around for too long,
      they eventually stop working. Some shippers are quite unreasonable
      that way.

      I'd say a good few percent of all electronics you see on the shelves
      are counterfeit, and mass made consumer items such as CFLs, holiday
      lights etc. are a prime target.

      Cheers, Kuba