remote controle codes

  • Jean-Pierre Scherer <jpsch@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2002
      hello,

      i have been helped before in this group, so i am giving it another
      try, this time pertaining to a remote control.

      i have a LCD panel(nview spectra c). it has a remote control.
      Unfortunately, the remote has been handled like a baseball bat.
      all the functions still work but I feel it is time to replace it.
      You know it is time when you once in a while need to snap the case
      together, if not it falls apart....
      A new one is nowhere to find (dates back from 1993), and second hand
      ones (at eBay for instance) have not turned up lately.
      So i am wondering if you guys can help me by giving me some advice :
      1) can i just buy a cheap learning remote control (and perhaps
      combine the spectra remote codes with other codes such as those from
      a tv-3000 vga tuner, and others)
      2) should i go for a homemade device dedicated uniquely to the
      spectra
      3) another solution perhaps .......

      another problem but familiar to the one above:
      i have an older Pioneer RX 590 surround sound system, the remote is
      missing after we had a party.......... what can i do? buy a
      regular generic remote ?

      Thanks for your help!

      Jean-Pierre