Re: Need Adice on testing WW2 siren

  • kvasilak
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2002
      If it were me I'd just touch a 12 battery to the terminals and see
      what happens. Don't hokk it up just hold the wires on, that way it it
      works and scares the shit out of you the wires will come off as you
      run away :) If it just clicks you will need AC probably.

      I have a feeling that when you touch the wires to the coil the
      electromagnets will pull the bar in, there will be a click and thats
      all. Then you pull the wire off the terminal and there will be
      another click, do this 50 times a second and you have a siren!