Re: [Electronics_101] Re: what desolder braid?

    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
      On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:22 PM, John Johnson <johnatl@...> wrote:

      > I recently bought a Hakko 808 Desoldering gun:
      > http://www.amazon.com/Hakko-808-KIT-Desoldering-Built-Vacuum/dp/B000ARPULW
      >
      > and it is great!

      I bought one quite similar (for external vacuum source), but the front
      part seems the same.

      The problem i encountered with it is that the solder will solidify in
      the metal tube from the tip to the collection area. This will only
      happen after a few pads were desoldered (maybe 20). Once cooled it is
      very hard to get it out there (requiring the use of a heated piece of
      wire).

      The problem is the tube extends quite a bit from the heater back to
      the collection tube, with no heating there. So the solder doesn't get
      molten again if it gets stuck.

      Is this the same with your unit?