Re: [OT] ebay scammer

  • gjlap
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alienrelics@...> wrote:

      > This is not the place for this.

      Probably not, but I could have used the info before laying down my cash.

      > Have you contacted the seller yet?

      Yes. No reply.

      Gil
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "gjlap" <gjlap@...> wrote:

        > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alienrelics@> wrote:
        > >
        > > This is not the place for this.
        >
        > Probably not, but I could have used the info before laying down my cash.

        Right, but if we start posting about every eBay seller we think is a
        scammer, this becomes "eBay_101". Just like virus warnings.

        Well, not quite the same. I'm not unsympathetic, but you've accused
        him of being a scammer without telling us everything and without a
        final resolution.

        > > Have you contacted the seller yet?
        >
        > Yes. No reply.

        How long since you emailed? Since you are a winner of one of his
        auctions, you should also be able to request his info including phone
        number from eBay, unless they've changed that too.

        It is possible this was an honest mistake. The test is how the seller
        responds, but it also hinges on how you handle it.

        Have you left feedback yet?

        Steve Greenfield