Re: [Electronics_101] Re: please help me out

  • Andreas Stemmer
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
      Leon wrote:
      > > What is o/p and i/p???
      >
      > Those are standard abbreviations: output and input!

      Yes, I figured it out myself, but it took a while...

      I'll never understand why someone would want to abbreviate "input" in
      plain text. It's only five letters and so much easier to type and read
      than "i/p" (which takes four key presses!).

      AS
    • parth gohel
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
        o/p means output and i/p means input

        Cpt Ron Wright/FL Guard Assoc <mccrpt@...> wrote: Not sure what language you are speaking :)

        What is o/p and i/p???

        73, ron, n9ee/r

        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "parth_jg" <parth_jg@...> wrote:

        > i am in d first year to electronics engg studying about rectifiers.
        > i want 2 know that do we get unidirectional o/p if i use 500mv i/p and
        > use silicon diode having knee voltage more than i/p.
        > plzzz send me ans caz its in my project

      • parth gohel
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
          thanks for your advice and i will make sure that this type of mistake is not repeated by me again.
          now will you send me the answer please.

          Steve <alienrelics@...> wrote:
          You will get more responses if you write in full words, not in
          "texting language".

          What have you done to find out the answer yourself? I know the answer,
          but I won't just do your homework for you. I'll help, if I feel you
          are making some effort on your own.

          Please review tips 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 from the "TipsForNewbies.txt"
          that you received when you joined. They are not just good ideas, it
          will help you to get responses.

          Steve Greenfield

          --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "parth_jg" <parth_jg@...> wrote:

          > i am in d first year to electronics engg studying about rectifiers.
          > i want 2 know that do we get unidirectional o/p if i use 500mv i/p and
          > use silicon diode having knee voltage more than i/p.
          > plzzz send me ans caz its in my project

        • Leon
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
            >> Those are standard abbreviations: output and input!
            >
            > Yes, I figured it out myself, but it took a while...
            >
            > I'll never understand why someone would want to abbreviate "input" in
            > plain text. It's only five letters and so much easier to type and read
            > than "i/p" (which takes four key presses!).

            I use them all the time, and see them all over the place.

            Leon
            --
            Leon Heller
            Amateur radio call-sign G1HSM
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
              O/P is output
              I/P is input

              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
                In a message dated 2/1/2008 1:55:49 A.M. Central Standard Time,
                leon355@... writes:

                What is o/p and i/p??? Those are standard abbreviations: output and
                input!<<

                Perhaps in UK; but I have never seen that abbreviation in U.S.!

                48)

                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
                  --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, parth gohel <parth_jg@...>
                  wrote:

                  > thanks for your advice and i will make sure that this type of mistake
                  is not repeated by me again.
                  > now will you send me the answer please.

                  John Popelish did answer your question in message 42904
                  Or get a datasheet for a diode (1N914 or 1N4001) and look at the curves.
                  Try Page 2 of the 1N914 datasheet
                  http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/1N/1N914.pdf Figures 3, 4 & 5 are a
                  good start.

                  Richard
                • Leon Heller
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
                    --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, JanRwl@... wrote:

                    > In a message dated 2/1/2008 1:55:49 A.M. Central Standard Time,
                    > leon355@... writes:
                    >
                    > What is o/p and i/p??? Those are standard abbreviations: output
                    and
                    > input!<<
                    >
                    > Perhaps in UK; but I have never seen that abbreviation in U.S.!

                    They are probably more common in the US than in the UK. For instance:

                    http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/ads803.html

                    You'll find lots more US examples with Google.

                    Leon
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
                      On Feb 1, 2008 11:59 PM, Leon Heller <leon355@...> wrote:

                      > They are probably more common in the US than in the UK. For instance:
                      >
                      > http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/ads803.html
                      >
                      > You'll find lots more US examples with Google.
                      >
                      > Leon

                      I hadn't seen them before either.
                      Probably useful in tables and other places with little space, like
                      w/o, but i don't really see the advantage in normal text.

                      ST
                    • Steve
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
                        It will help you get responses if you rewrite the question without
                        "texting language".

                        Since this thread has gotten buried in a mass of questions and
                        explanations of some of your abbreviations, I would suggest starting a
                        new thread. With a more specific subject line.

                        After all, everyone here posts wanting people to "please help me out".
                        ;')

                        Steve Greenfield

                      • randy@verizon.net
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
                          mebbe i shud send u a shovel 2 dig ditches with cuz u wud get an F frm
                          any tchr or prof i no of and u cud MMF with a shovl.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
                            On Friday 01 February 2008 18:40, Stefan Trethan wrote:
                            > On Feb 1, 2008 11:59 PM, Leon Heller <leon355@...> wrote:
                            > > They are probably more common in the US than in the UK. For instance:
                            > >
                            > > http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/ads803.html
                            > >
                            > > You'll find lots more US examples with Google.
                            > >
                            > > Leon
                            >
                            > I hadn't seen them before either.
                            > Probably useful in tables and other places with little space, like
                            > w/o, but i don't really see the advantage in normal text.

                            I personally find "texting-talk" annoying, and will not bother to respond to
                            anyone who can't be bothered to type messages using normal words. Their
                            choice. If it's that time-consuming for them, then surely they can
                            understand why I won't waste mine. If it's that difficult, then they're too
                            far from where I'm at for us to communicate anyway!

                            -
                            M Dakin
                          • Leon
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 2, 2008
                              >> They are probably more common in the US than in the UK. For instance:
                              >>
                              >> http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/ads803.html
                              >>
                              >> You'll find lots more US examples with Google.
                              >>
                              >> Leon
                              >>

                              > I hadn't seen them before either.
                              > Probably useful in tables and other places with little space, like
                              > w/o, but i don't really see the advantage in normal text.

                              I/O is even more common.

                              Leon