Ceramic disc substitute

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
      Can a ceramic bead be used where you would use a ceramic disk? It is
      just for a bypass off a voltage regulator.
      Thanks,
      Dave
    • Leon
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
        > Can a ceramic bead be used where you would use a ceramic disk? It is
        > just for a bypass off a voltage regulator.

        I'd use a monolithic ceramic capacitor.

        Leon
        --
        Leon Heller
        Amateur radio call-sign G1HSM
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007

          >> Can a ceramic bead be used where you would use a ceramic disk? It is
          >> just for a bypass off a voltage regulator.
          >>

          > I'd use a monolithic ceramic capacitor.
          >
          > Leon
          > --
          > Leon Heller
          > Amateur radio call-sign G1HSM
          > Yaesu FT-817ND and FT-857D transceivers
          > Suzuki SV1000S motorcycle
          > leon355@...
          > http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

          The spec sheet calls for a ceramic disk. So what is the difference
          between a monolithic and a ceramic bead? Is there a place online that
          shows substitutes for capacitors when in need of using something you
          have on hand?
          Thanks,
          Dave
        • Leon
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
            > The spec sheet calls for a ceramic disk. So what is the difference
            > between a monolithic and a ceramic bead? Is there a place online that
            > shows substitutes for capacitors when in need of using something you
            > have on hand?

            I've haven't seen any ceramic bead capacitors for years. Monolithic ceramics
            are higher performance than disk ceramics. Try Google to see the difference.

            Leon
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
              >> The spec sheet calls for a ceramic disk. So what is the difference
              >> between a monolithic and a ceramic bead? Is there a place online that
              >> shows substitutes for capacitors when in need of using something you
              >> have on hand?
              >>
              > Leon wrote:
              > I've haven't seen any ceramic bead capacitors for years. Monolithic ceramics
              > are higher performance than disk ceramics. Try Google to see the difference.
              >
              > Leon

              Ok Thanks.
              Dave
            • medmidas