Re: RECORD TO DVD OR DIGITAL RECORDER FROM LAPTOP BROADBAND

  • Dave Mucha
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 30, 2007
      This is a perfect example of Godwin's Law.

      The group grew large enough for someone to invoke it.

      Dave

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Trethan"
      <stefan_trethan@...> wrote:

      > Anyone else wondering if this invokes Godwin's law?
      >
      > ST
      >
      > On Nov 30, 2007 4:43 AM, descorta6 <descorta6@...> wrote:
      > > Dear Jack,
      > > Thank you for your most helpful messages. They are really
      > > appreciated.
      > > I do unfortunately live in London where the EU, (a reincarnation of
      > > the Nazis), ties out all the lony ideas upon.

    • descorta6
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 1, 2007
        Dear Jack, and all who have advised me.
        Considering the downloading of special programmes to capture Youtube
        clips is pretty well beyond my capabilities and that the pictures
        may certainly be fairly rough when expanded to a full tv screen I
        think I'd better let my local shop do the business.
        There's only one particular tune I want for sentimental reasons.
        I'll have to do a bit of hunting for that. All the others I have on
        the computer and can get someone to copy them to a cd for me.
        Many thanks for your help but please use your time to better efforts.
        des

        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mucha"
        <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

        > This is a perfect example of Godwin's Law.
        >
        > The group grew large enough for someone to invoke it.
        >
        > Dave
        >

        > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Trethan"
        > <stefan_trethan@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone else wondering if this invokes Godwin's law?
        > >
        > > ST
        > >
        > > On Nov 30, 2007 4:43 AM, descorta6 <descorta6@> wrote:
        > > > Dear Jack,
        > > > Thank you for your most helpful messages. They are really
        > > > appreciated.
        > > > I do unfortunately live in London where the EU, (a
        reincarnation of
        > > > the Nazis), ties out all the lony ideas upon.

      • Jack Giammerse,Jr.
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 2, 2007
          Des,
          You are welcome. I will give you one last bit of advice. If you ever want to save
          internet video clips on a regular basis, the EASIEST way is a simple hardware solution.
          Get a box called a Scan Converter. It is a piece of pure hardware that requires NO
          software drivers. It has a VGA input (blue socket,15 pins in three rows) and an S-Video
          output. All you have to do is connect a cable between the VGA port on your laptop
          and the VGA input on the scan converter.Then connect an S-Video cable between
          the S-Video output of the scan converter and the S-Video input on your standalone DVD recorder, and of course connect the DVD recorder to your TV. This simple hardware
          arrangement will EASILY allow you to capture anything you see on your computer screen
          to a DVD. And,also realize that the scan converter box ALSO has a VGA output so
          that you can connect your laptop to a regular computer monitor at the same time that
          it is also connected to the DVD recorder and your TV. If you want to save internet
          video clips to DVD on a regular basis,this is a very worthwhile effort,but if you are satisfied with what you already have recorded, then it is not worth bothering with. In any case,
          Best Wishes, Sincerely, Jack G.

          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 2, 2007
            MANY MANY THANKS JACK.
            THAT SOUNDS LIKE AVERYGOODWAY TO DO IT.
            DES.

            --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Giammerse,Jr."

            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 2, 2007
              Des,
              You are very welcome. I know a lot more about connecting video machines than I know about electronics circuit theory,even though I love electronics, I just cannot seem to get past the amateur stage when it comes to circuit theory.
              If you have any more questions that center around television,video,and computers
              in relation to video, I invite you to join another Yahoo group I belong to called
              Amateur Video Editing. If you are interested in joining that group, just go to Yahoo,
              then click on Groups, and then a page will come up asking you if you want to find a Yahoo Group, and then just type Amateur Video Editing in the Search Box.
              Sincerely, Jack G.