New toys

  • Nelson Johnsrud
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2007
      The local technical college is cleaning house on their electronics lab,
      and I saved these two items from the dumpster:

      http://members.lsol.net/gop4evr/unlinked/crt.jpg

      http://members.lsol.net/gop4evr/unlinked/scope.jpg

      I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to actually use the CRT blaster,
      but there are some nice mA meters on it for salvage.

      The scope is an ancient Sencore PS163, and it has issues. The picture
      is a bit blurry because the only way I could get a view of the trace was
      to take it without a flash. The trace pictured is taken off the
      secondary of an 18vac transformer, so it should be a decent sine wave.
      The P-P voltage on the display fluctuates as well. That's what you get
      for free, I guess. Maybe I can find a schematic for it and dig around
      inside to see what I can find.

      There are some more items from the school that will be available soon.
      Probably some freq. counters, function generators, bench power supplies,
      and bench multimeters and other odds & ends. I told them that I have a
      dumpster in the back of my truck if they get the urge to rid themselves
      of other items. :-)

      Nels