DIGITAL INTERFERENCE

  • descorta6
    Message 1 of 73 , Aug 21, 2007
      Late Sunday afternoon I was on the internet - wireless on a new
      laptop xp system - when it just dropped off and the connection was
      lost. I later found out my neighbour had arrived home after a few
      days away around thet time.
      On Monday his wife and kids came back and yesterday morning my
      laptop froze several times so I just couldn't shut it down except by
      pulling the battery off it.
      Later in the afternoon I just couldn't get outlook express email to
      work. So much so my wife had to take the laptop to the shop and the
      man had trouble to connect to the internet.
      His advice was when it froze or I couldn't get the internet/email I
      should close it down and start all over again. My wife didn't remind
      him that when it froze I had no option to shut it down the normal
      way and had to pull the battery.
      I tried using it when she got back but it still wouldn't send emails.
      It was only later - much later in the night that it started to work
      fine again.
      Could this be someone trying to evesdrop my wirelss connection?
      I know I sound paranoid but so many mysterious things have happened
      to digital recorders and now the new laptop that I am really
      beginning to wonder if there is an outside reason for it.
      Any comments or help would be appreciated.
      descorta6
    • descorta6
      Message 73 of 73 , Sep 4, 2007
        Thank you for that Leon and I will make a note of the company. I am
        consulting Ofcom and have filled in an on-line application form.
        I have run more tests today and they seem to point to the scart box
        but it may be something to do with the cabling.
        I honestly don't know if my neighbour is involved but - if you
        believe me, and I have no reson to lie - this problem has been going
        on for weeks. So when my neighbour went away for just over a week
        during which I had absolutely no problems with any of the equipment
        and within minutes of their return the tv picture started playing
        up, I think a lot of people would wonder if it was simply
        coincidence.
        And for those of you who do doubt what i say, please just for a few
        moments suppose I was telling the truth what are the odds of that
        sort of coincidence?
        des