Re: [Electronics_101] Days and Hours Countdown Timer

  • medmidas
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi,
      Dollar shops sometimes stock kitchen timers (1$)
      Try yr luck @ $shops
      MM
      ============

      Leon wrote:
      >> I am looking for a simple to use countdown timer, one my
      >> seven year old
      >> could understand, so that a delay period can be applied, in simple
      >> terms so that she can see when she is next allowed and will
      >> be able to
      >> use her P.C, naturally the time delay would normally be zero, unless
      >> she needs castigating for whatever, then a delay between 1 hour to 2
      >> weeks perhaps could be applied to prevent her using the favourite toy.
      >>

      > Why not do what a friend of mine did with his kids - put a box around the
      > mains socket on the wall with a lock on it, so that they could be banned
      > from turning it on.
      >
      > Leon
    • medmidas
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hi,
        WallMart do stock some digital LCD wrist watches,
        with 5 alarms.
        $7
        ====================

        beadyes wrote:
        > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hedan
        > <robert.hedan@...> wrote:
        >
        >>> Objet : [Electronics_101] Days and Hours Countdown Timer
        >>>

        >>> I am looking for a simple to use countdown timer, one my
        >>> seven year old
        >>> could understand, so that a delay period can be applied, in
      • orvillefpike
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
          Is there a program that can keep track of the flow of bytes for my
          high speed internet connection? There seems to be some sites, that I
          visit, that upload/download a lot more information than others and
          since my internet supplier only update my account after at least 24
          hours, I only find out the next day without knowing where I spent all
          these bytes.
          Aslo, is there a software that I can install on a computer that
          could tell me what software was used, for how long, how many times, etc.

          Thanks
        • orvillefpike
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
            I have seen, in another forum, that you can restrict the use of
            internet in a "command" window using the "net user" instruction. There
            must be also a way to restrict the use of the computer itself.
          • Mike Bronosky
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
              I can't speak for other flavors of Windoze but in the Win2000 screensaver
              there is a "3D Text (Open GL)".
              One of the displays is time.

              Say you go into it and set up the time display, give it a password (don't
              forget it), set the idle time to 1 minute and let the time-out take it into
              ScreenSaver mode. Tell her it will not be unlocked until ??:??.

              I know this is not quite what you wanted but it will sure make using the
              computer very user UNfriendly.

              Unfortunately on boot up it can still be used until it go into screensaver
              mode. Then she will have to power off and reboot. I can feel her PAIN?

              Mike