Electronics Inside Robots

  • mikegotis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2002
      I've enjoyed tinkering with electronics
      and robots for over a decade. Electronic
      systems inside robots include tiny
      embedded micro controllers, power
      supplies, sensors, motor controllers,
      video vision, and a variety of basic circuits.
      For example, I've had fun with a chip that's a digital
      potentiometer, to control volume output levels
      on a talking speech synthesizer. (there's no
      knob to turn!) Recent advances
      in hobby electronics and robotics have
      resulted in walking humanoids! These are
      are goldmine of electronic circuits and
      parts! They're great for science projects
      filled with electronics and motion control.
      I've had the most fun designing
      and creating electronic circuits for
      humanoids and basic robotics. It's a
      great way to learn electronics, electrical
      systems, power systems,
      analog & digital, and mechanics.
      There are several books that I recommend
      for starting out. The beginner should look
      to the Forrest M. Mims electronics
      experimenter and circuits book series sold
      at Radio Shack stores at www.radioshack.com
      and there's more information about electronic
      walking robots online at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toddler_robot/

      -Mike