Re: [Electronics_101] Re: Current off topic discusion.....

  • peter tremewen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2002
      Hi all,

              I try to be as fair as possible to all concerned when it come to this sort of problem. I'm not the sort of moderator who likes to ban some one for their first infraction, intended or other wise. As I have repeatedly said, I do not mind SOME off topic discussion, I think it's only natural. I only start to be concerned when the thread continues overly long. The current threads regarding time and space travel have done this. My policy is to speak to the group, and ask it to stop. If this is not successful, I then speak to the person or persons continuing the discussion. If things continue after this final warning then the  Members are disciplined or banned dependant upon the problem and how it is affecting the group. I feel this is fair and gives anyone who may have accidentally overstepped the boundaries a chance to resume normal group discussions.

      groups that do not relate to this group do you?. So I ask you all,
      > wouldn't it be farer to
      expelled the "Time Traveler" instead of being
      > threaten by the
      moderator? This guy has done the same thing over and
      > over but the
      moderator seems more interested on "shielding" this guy
      > instead of
      expelling him. I bet I'll get dumped before The Dragon dumps
      > the Time
      treaveler. See you

              As far as anyone getting dumped, let me assure you that if or when anyone causes problems with off topic discusions and or flaming fellow members they will be fairly and impartially privatly spoken to by the moderator, and given every chance to state their opinion. I apreciate everyone's feed back in this matter, and if anyone wishs to discuss this sort of thing further with me feel free to contact me off list.

                      Moderator: Electronics 101

                              The Sinister Dragon.......