Re: Help needed please

  • mariss92705
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2002
      It may be as simple as either a defective or cheap volume control
      potentiometer. The give away is it happens near the "zero mark". As
      the wiper approaches on end of the travel, it rides up off of the
      resistance element and onto the metallic end connector. This can
      momentarily cause the wiper to go "open" and cause the spike you hear.

      You can try another pot or you can place a resistor that is 10X
      bigger than the pot resistance from wiper to the "zero" end terminal.
      This way the wiper cannot go "open". This may lessen or eliminate the
      problem.

      Mariss