Super Heated free Electrons.

  • onthecuttingedge2005
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2002
      Hi gang.
      I was thinking about electrons for the moment.
      Do you think it is possible to produce an arc of high voltage
      electricity and raise its energy by emitting a rather powerful
      LASER beam into the electron stream and super heating the electrons
      to their maximum energy state as a free particle in a vacuum chamber.
      Next question. Do you think by super heating the electrons in a
      vacuum via high powered LASER would change the properties of
      electrons in any way shape or form?
      Third question.
      If I emit a high powered LASER at X direction and and an arc of high
      voltage electricity at Y direction and a stream of protons at the Z
      direction to where they meet at a center axis will it produce the
      tremendous energy of fusion?
      Thats my thought of the moment.
      Best of luck.
      Jerry.
    • manifold_1
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2002
        No. The matter stream is not dense enough. There are lots of web
        sites that explain the priciples of fusion. Why not read all there is
        to know about the subject instead of posting to an _electronics_
        group? You can even build your own fusion reactor! Wouldn't that be
        fun? I am not joking; it is called a fusor and it is like a plasma
        globe on steroids. Put some effort into learning something and it
        will pay off.

        --- In Electronics_101@y..., "onthecuttingedge2005"