Re: [Electronics_101] Re: trying to digitize audio tape

  • BrianJHoskins
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2002
      Hi!

      Hmm, sounds to be like your impedance is all wrong. Which connection on
      the SoundCard do you have the Tape Reel connected to? Make sure it's the
      "Line In" Connection.

      Other than that, it'll be something in the sound card software settings
      I'd expect. Personally I prefer to use proper hardware solutions, I use a
      Mini Disc Recorder to do all my stuff, which I find alot more convenient.
      That said, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get your
      computer solution working. As I said, check that it's connected in at the
      right socket on the SoundCard, and then have a play with the software
      settings :)

      ----
      Brian Hoskins
      South Wales, UK