abbrivation reqd. for RCA JACK

  • srinivasrjy
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
      Can anybody tell me the abbrivation of R,C,A IN RCA JACK. Also tell
      me what is SCART JACK .
      MAIL TO srinivasrjy@...
    • Doug D.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
        RCA Plug
        RCA= Radio Corporation of America
        can also be called:
        Phono Plug

        Rock-it Radio -- Rockin Oldies
        It kicks the wolf's ass!
        The Best Radio On The Net Rock-it Radio!:
        http://www.palmsradio.com/main.html
        Through The Cracks Ministries:
        http://www.throughthecracks.org/
        LINUX Sucks!!!!!
        http://www.linuxsucks.org/
        This comes from a WIN98 BOX!
        H/P Pavilion 3266 233MHz
        That kicks GUI based penguin ass!

        > Can anybody tell me the abbrivation of R,C,A IN RCA JACK. Also tell
        > me what is SCART JACK .
        > MAIL TO srinivasrjy@...

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • BrianJHoskins
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
          > RCA Plug
          > RCA= Radio Corporation of America
          > can also be called:
          > Phono Plug

          It is often called a Phono plug, but if you want to be completely correct,
          then this name should be avoided as a general term. The Phono plug
          actually reffers to a record player type connection, and is not really a
          general term. For example, you can't just plug any RCA output into a
          Phono input - the impedance matching would be all wrong.

          Phono inputs are for record player type connections, RCA is the general
          term which reffers to the type of connector :)

          ----
          Brian Hoskins
          South Wales, UK

          Email: BrianJHoskins@...
          ----
        • walterr.geo
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
            --- In Electronics_101@y..., "srinivasrjy" <srinivasrjy@y...> wrote:
            > Can anybody tell me the abbrivation of R,C,A IN RCA JACK. Also tell
            > me what is SCART JACK .
            > MAIL TO srinivasrjy@y...

            SCART:
            Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appariels de Radio et de Television.
            (syndicate of manufacturers of radio and television devices)