Re: ckt for caller id...hardware

  • jdb000001
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2002
      Hi,

      Try a search on Yahoo. I searched on '"caller id" schematic' and
      came up with lots of information on this subject.

      http://www.zilog.com/docs/dsp/caller_id.pdf gives a sample circuit
      and information for building a caller id using a Zilog chip.

      The caller id hardware seems to be just a 1200 baud modem and a
      display circuit - when you subscribe to the caller-id service, the
      telephone company sends the date, time, and telephone number that is
      calling you.