Todd Fuhs thought we said "more, on"

  • Steve Greenfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2002
      Yes, the moderator can ban him from the list. I'm adding him to the
      banned list on all the groups I moderate.

      Someone could also complain to Yahoo. I get the digest so I don't
      get the full mail with headers so every time I ask Yahoo they say
      they need the full headers.

      > From: Jim Thibeault <kf4nbg@...>
      > Subject: Re: Hot Sexy Advice Group
      >
      > Isn't there some way to shut this idiot off.
      >
      > Todd Fuhs wrote:

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Robert Graf
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2002
        Yahoo is just blowing it off. All the full headers will show is that the
        message originated from them. They need the headers from the message that
        was sent to the group before there server resent it, if there was one. The
        sender may have just used the web interface at the yahoogroups site. The
        only way you would have gotten actual headers that indicate the offender's
        address would be if you were e-mailed directly, not through the group. I
        received several spam e-mails from someone who joined a group, posted a
        message and started spamming group members. I complained to yahoo abuse and
        store abuse, since the spam was for a yahoo store the idiot runs. I haven't
        gotten any spam lately, but I don't think they shut his store down, even
        though several members complained. I doubt yahoo will do anything unless the
        poster uses obscene language or tries to advertise someone other than yahoo.