Re: [Electronics_101] Re: Keyboard to control light

  • BrianJHoskins
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
      > simple. If you are just trying to control devices from your computer,
      > take a look at
      > http://www.x10.com

      I'd second that recommendation. X10 is the standard generally adopted for
      controlling devices around the home from a computer. Each device is
      connected to the mains via an X10 socket which has a unique address, and
      then the computer can control all X10 devices simply by addressing them.
      In the case of lamps, you can actually control brightness and stuff
      aswel!! The computer sends signals down the mains to control the devices,
      so there is no need to run wires everywhere either. It's good stuff.

      ----
      Brian Hoskins
      South Wales, UK

      Email: BrianJHoskins@...