Current draw for power screw-driver (Stefan?)

  • lcdpublishing
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006
      Realizing the complexity of my machine is getting out of hand, I
      figure I should start making a spreadsheet with all the components
      and their power requirements.

      Some, are known such as the stepper motors and spindle motor. Some
      have yet to be fully completed such as the logic boards.

      The one motor I don't yet know about is the hi-torque screw driver.
      It originally ran on 6 volts - 4 AA sized batteries. Not having
      much of an idea how much current 4 AA batteries can supply, I am not
      sure how I should calculate the power supply needs for this device.

      I think ohms law should tell me Amps = Volts/Resistance, but not
      sure if that would tell me the value I am looking for.

      I could also hookup a power supply and an ammeter and stall the
      thing to see what it draws, but again, is that really the value I am
      looking for?

      As always, any info is appreciated!!!

      Chris